Monday, May 4, 2009

Klaus Bohn-Dreaming

Dreaming-came about when she came from Africa to visit her sister. I had photographed her sisters wedding and she came in and asked if I could photograph her in a more passionate artistic way. I made an appointment for a consultation-what I always have before a session were we go over what she has in mind and then I educate...not to look at the camera but at me so my body language and facial expressions coupled with my tone of voice and words-the inner self of my subject may appear!

My lighting consisted of a soft box and a translucent screen in from of my soft box, to even soften my light more. The concept of northern window light. A soft reflector on the other side, to open up the left side of her face. Portrait painters used window light to illuminate there subjects for effect, to see light on there subjects face. I love the window light effect and the softness of it!

The pose came about by making my subject comfortable and taking some exposures to settle my subject. My subject never knows when I will push the button on my camera so after a little while they forget the camera, pay attention more to my voice and unconsciously my expression. I do want the client to reveal what is in them at that moment in time-it takes time to learn- the psychology of helping the subject to be free of me and able to let go; of the influence of the surroundings. NLP has helped me to learn my craft in creating a portrait that captures individuals assents- in a fraction of time!

To learn to photograph artistic portraits is a life time of study...

No comments: